The best child seats for the safety of your child
If you are travelling with a child in your car, the safety of the children in the car has the highest priority. Do you also have a baby or toddler that you would like to transport safely in the car? The latest figures from accident research show that only every fourth child is adequately protected when driving. In our child seat comparison, we show you how you can also transport small passengers safely. In this comparison we also give you an overview of the different types of child seats. In order to show you the best child seats, we have also taken a closer look at some manufacturers and their models.
The best child seats
1st place: Clamaro ‘Ranger 4in1’ Isofix child car seat group 0+, I, II and III
- Clamaro 'Ranger 4in1' Kinder und Baby Autositz für jedes Alter - Mitwachsender 4in1 Kinderautositz und Babyautositz der Gruppen 0+, I, II, und III, geeignet ab der Geburt für Babys, Kleinkinder und Kinder von 0 bis 12 Jahre und 0-36kg
- Bei Gruppe I, II, III für Kleinkinder und Kinder, Gewicht: 9-36 kg, Alter: 1-12 Jahre, Körpergröße: ca. 75-150 cm - Installation in Fahrtrichtung per ISOFIX Halterung oder Fahrzeuggurt
- Bei Gruppe 0+ für Neugeborene und Babys, Gewicht: 0 bis 13 kg, Alter: Geburt bis 15 Monate, Körpergröße: bis ca. 90 cm - Installation entgegen der Fahrtrichtung per Fahrzeuggurt
- Stark gepolstert, 6-fach höhenverstellbare Kopflehne, 3-fach verstellbare Rückenlehne, SPS-Seitenaufprallschutz, Babypolster Einlage herausnehmbar, Bezüge waschbar bei 30 °C
- Erfüllt die Sicherheitsnorm ECE R44/04 - Technische Details: Maße (H/B/T): 62 bis 77 x 46 x 45 cm, Gewicht: 8,5 kg
2nd place: Chicco child car seat Gro-Up, size1/2/3, Black Night
- Kindersitz der Gruppe 1/2/3 mit Zulassung nach
ECE R44/04 ab 9 bis 36 kg Körpergewicht. Der ergonomische Kindersitz Gro-Up 123 von Chicco passt sich den Bedürfnissen des wachsenden Kindes von 9 bis 36 kg perfekt an.
- Spezielles Neigesystem für entspannten
Schlaf auf langen Fahrten.
- Der Sitzverkleinerer aus
gibt kleineren Kindern
sicheren Halt. Sitzbezug bei 30° waschbar.
Der Bezug ist ohne Ausbau des
Gurtsystems abnehmbar, sodass
Fehler beim Wiedereinbau
- Einfache Bedienung
dank gut erkenn- und
- Wächst mit Ihrem Kind ab etwa dem neunten bis zwölften Lebensmonat bis
zum zwölften Lebensjahr. Bei Verwendung als Kinderautositz der Gruppe 1 wird
das Kind mit dem integrierten 5-Punkt-Gurt des Kindersitzes, bei Verwendung
als Gruppe 2/3 mit dem 3-Punkt-Gurt des Fahrzeugs angeschnallt.
3rd place: Safety 1st Road Safe child seat
- Geeignet für die Verwendung von 15 bis 36 kg (etwa 3,5 Jahre bis 12 Jahre)
- Dank der 6-fach verstellbaren Kopfstütze wächst dieser Kinderautositz mit dem Kind mit
- Die schützende Kopfstütze, die in zwei Positionen verstellbare Rücklehne und die praktischen Armlehnen gewährleisten hohen Komfort und große Sicherheit
- Einfache und sichere Installation mithilfe des einfachen Anschnallmechanismus mit zugänglichen Gurtführungen
- Federleicht (2,8 kg) zur schnellen und einfachen Verwendung in verschiedenen Fahrzeugen
4th place: XOMAX XL-518 child seat with ISOFIX I Group I / II / III (9 – 36 kg)
- Einfach, schnell und sicher: Befestigung im Auto mit ISOFIX, alternativ mit dem Fahrzeug-Sicherheitsgurt falls das Fahrzeug kein ISOFIX unterstützt.
- Mitwachsend: Normgruppe I, II und III - Körpergewicht von 9 bis 36 kg - Altersklasse: ca. 1-12 Jahre
- Abnehmbarer, höhenverstellbarer 5-Punkt Sicherheitsgurt für die Kleinsten (Gruppe 1).
- Stabile Führungen für den 3-Punkt Gurt des Fahrzeugs bei den Größeren (Gruppe 2 und 3). Kopfstütze höhenverstellbar.
- Einfache Reinigung: Bezug abnehmbar und waschbar bei 30°C I Zertifizierung nach ECE R44/04
Place 5: Britax Römer Evolva 123 Plus, car seat group 1/2/3 (9 – 36 kg)
- Made in Britain
- Wächst mit Ihrem Kind – von 9 bis 36 kg (ca. 9 Monate bis 12 Jahre)
- Interaktives Gurtsystem –Click & Safe
- Passt in die meisten Autos – Einbau mit dem 3-Punkt-Gurt des Fahrzeugs
- Anpassbare Breite der Rückenlehnenfläche
The different types of child seats in the overview
There are three categories of child seats. The first is baby car seats, these are for the smallest passengers and child seats that can be used for small children. There are three main categories of child seats, which are suitable for small children. In our child seat comparison we show you the different features of the models.
The infant car seat
The infant carriers are designed for newborns and small children. These must be installed against the direction of travel. The infant carriers are secured with a three-point belt. Alternatively, you can also attach an Isofix frame and mount the infant carrier there against the direction of travel. But why should a baby car seat be positioned against the direction of travel? The baby’s head is very heavy in relation to the rest of the body. In a regular transport, i.e. with the direction of travel, the load on the cervical spine in a frontal impact would be too great. This would result in very serious injuries.
Group 1 child seat
These models are offered with different restraint systems. The design depends on the respective manufacturer. The seats that are put on with a kind of harness belt are the most common. The three-point belt secures the child seat and the child is protected by the five-point belt of the child seat. These child seats are mounted in the direction of travel. When choosing a suitable child seat, you should bear in mind that the belts are easy to tighten. This ensures that the child seat is firmly attached to the car. Some manufacturers also offer child seats with safety catch. The child seat and the child are secured by the vehicle belts. In addition, the child is fixed to the child seat by a superstructure. This surrounds the child. This system can be compared to a safety bar on a car or roller coaster. The child seat with impact shield has proven itself in numerous crash tests. The disadvantage of these child seats is, however, that the toddlers cannot be brought into a lying position. Since some toddlers feel constricted by this catch table and quickly start sweating, many toddlers do not like these child seats with catch bodies.
Child seats of the group 2/3
From the age of three, children should be placed in a group 2/3 child seat. These child seats are also positioned in the direction of travel. The three-point belt secures the seat and the child. Child seats that can have a backrest, additional side impact protection and a height-adjustable headrest are highly recommended. The pelvic belt should be led along over the pelvic bones. The diagonal section should run over the child’s shoulders. If the belt is on the child’s neck, it has been positioned incorrectly. This incorrect positioning can result in the child’s air being cut off. Child seats with adjustable headrests are well suited for children who fall asleep quickly in the car. They also secure the head while sleeping and allow the child to sleep more comfortably.
The advantages and disadvantages of the different types of child seat
There are different types of child seats. These depend on the size and age of the child. In the child seat comparison we show you the different characteristics of the child seats. We also show you which child seats performed particularly well.
The baby seat
Child seat of group 1
Child seat of group 2/3
The choice of the child seat is more a question of the child’s age than of taste.
Which child seat model is suitable for you?
Small children must be well secured during a car journey. There are different models available from the individual manufacturers. The child seat of group 2/3 is the most common model. This child seat is secured with the three-point belt. This provides maximum safety for the child on the pitch.
You want to find the right seat for your baby?
Baby car seats are designed for transporting babies and small children in the vehicle. The baby car seat not only provides a secure hold, but also a high level of sleeping comfort. It is fitted against the direction of travel. The fact that your baby is transported against the direction of travel for as long as possible is an important point to consider. Because the child’s head is proportionally much larger than the rest of the body, this method of transport prevents excessive compression of the spine in a rear-end collision.
Would you like to find a cheap child seat and still receive a good quality?
For this purpose, it is helpful to look at a child seat test or comparison. The models and the suppliers should also be compared. We will show you the strengths and weaknesses of each product by comparing the individual models. You can also see experiences of the manufacturers and the most attractive offers. Child seats do not necessarily have to be bought in a specialized trade, but they can also be purchased over the Internet. Starting from a certain order sum you can even get them free of shipping costs.
You want to find an adequate seat solution for your toddler?
Here it is important to consider which age your child has reached. Child seats in group 1 are recommended until the age of three. These child seats not only provide a complex support, but also ensure safety during the entire car journey. The child is, due to the five-belt system, firmly strapped in the seat without getting a constricted feeling. A group 2/3 child seat is suitable for children from the age of three. To find the right child seat, not only the age of the child should be considered, but also the size. It is important that there is enough room for the child in the seat.
The most popular manufacturers of child seats
The choice has not yet been made for a child seat. The child seat comparison will help you. You will be introduced to the best known and most common manufacturers with some preferred models.
- Maxi Cosi (e.g. SPS Maxi – Cosi RodiFix, Isofix Maxi Cosi car seat, Maxi – Cosi Pearl, Maxi – Cosi CabrioFix, Maxi – Cosi Citi)
- Safety First
- Stork Mill
- Cybex(e.g. Cybex Platinum, Cybex Gold, Cybex Silver)
- Kiddy Guardian (e.g. Kiddy Guardian Pro 2)
- Romans (e.g. Römer King)
- Child seats and matching accessories
Depending on manufacturer and model, there is also a wide range of accessories. We will now show you which accessories you can buy for the child seat.
- The mounting bracket: for certain types of vehicles some manufacturers require additional mounting brackets for the child seat – models by the selected model of the child seat you will learn which mounting bracket is needed in detail.
- A change cover: Especially for small children a change cover is advantageous. For example, porridge can land on the seat during a car ride. It is therefore advantageous if the seat cover can be removed and washed. For this reason, manufacturers offer exchangeable covers for child seats.
- Schooner: Schooners are well suited for the handles of baby car seats. Not only is the carrying comfort for the parents increased, but the baby has a better feel when grasping the carrying handle.
- An adapter: Some vehicle models require an additional adapter for attaching the child seats. You can find out which models are affected by this in the vehicle description or in the information on the child seat.